Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Time Stamp changed when restored backup

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elements 14. 

Moved files from old to new computer.  Restored backup and for the most part successful.  I have a lot of photos (scaned in from pre-ditigal days), and I changed the metadata to a particular date, but with no time stamp.  The date was retained, but the time stamp was changed on hundred of photos from no time at all to 12:00 am.  I will have to go back and change each one manually unless so one has a solution to change times in mass. 

Would a newer version of Elements has avoided this issue?  A bit late, but now thinking of updated to 2021 version.

Thank you

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are trying to delete the time stamp (but keep the date):

1. Multi-select all of the images that you want to change
  2. Right-click on one and select Adjust Date and Time of selected items
  3. Select Change to a specified date and time and click OK
  4. Select Time - Unknown and click OK

The time will be removed from all of the selected files.  If you want to place a specific time on multiple files, choose the Time - Known option and you can then enter the desired time.

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.11.17_00h37m02s_000_SnapCollage.png

I believe this option has not changed since version 14.  And whatever it is you did to cause the issue is probably no different in the current version.  Did you create a new catalog and import the files or did you Restore from a catalog backup?  I assume you did the former.  I believe the latter would not have created the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Greg,
Thanks for the tip. I never know you can change as a group vs.
individually. This will save much time. Much appreciated.
Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines