• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

To move Elements catalogue from PSE 10, convert more than once?

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must move to Windows 10 from Windows 7, therefore must upgrade Photoshop Elements 10 because it's not compatible with Windows 10. I have 2 catalogues with many keyword tags carefully arranged hierarchically. I worry that I might lose this organization even having saved the metadata to the files.

I have also read as much as I can find on these forums about the moving and converting process and it sounds simple enough, but I worry about glitches moving through 10 versions of PSE to 2020. Would it be safer to install interim versions and convert catalogues several times -- say from PSE 10 to PSE 14, then from PSE 14 to PSE 18, and so on up to 2020? Or would that multiply the probability of errors? Thank you.

TOPICS
Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see no need to convert through different versions. You should do a backup of your catalogs on Win 7 and restore them using Elements 2020 once it has been installed on Win 10. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I must move to Windows 10 from Windows 7, therefore must upgrade Photoshop Elements 10 because it's not compatible with Windows 10."

???

I have PSE10 and PSE6 still working in Windows 10 together with more recent versions from PSE12 to the current PSE2020.

Do you install Win 10 on the same computer to replace Win 7, or do you migrate to a new computer with Win 10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines