• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Topaz Studio 2 on Photoshop Elelments 2020

Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone attempted to use this program as a Plug In and if so, what is your opinion?  OS is Windows 10 with latest upodates.

H Barrison
TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Yes, Topaz Studio 2 works as a plug-in for Elements 2020.  I like the ability to apply a preset look to an image.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Topaz Studio 2 works as a plug-in for Elements 2020.  I like the ability to apply a preset look to an image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried it and it doesn't work for me.  I have the current version of Topaz Studio - 2.3.1 - and after an edit, Photoshop Elements Organizer shows the exact same picture as what I started with after I Accept - just a copy with _edited-1 in the name.

What's the catch?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ewilts said:

I've tried it and it doesn't work for me. I have the current version of Topaz Studio - 2.3.1 - and after an edit, Photoshop Elements Organizer shows the exact same picture as what I started with after I Accept - just a copy with _edited-1 in the name.

What's the catch?

Are you duplicating your background layer before applying the Topaz Studio2 filter/plug-in adjustments.  If you don't, this message pops up if you haven't possibly turned it off:

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.04.06_00h54m17s_009_.png

It's not clear to me what Topaz adjustments will not be saved but perhaps that may be causing your problem.

Are you clicking the Accept button in Topaz, when you have finished your edit?  If so, do the edits appear in the Editor window?

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.04.06_00h49m02s_007_.png

When you close the file in the Elements Editor, what are your save settings?  Are you saving in a version set in the Organizer?

Are you in the Details view of the Organizer? 

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.04.06_00h52m56s_008_.png

And what are your Sort By settings in the Media grid?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not launching Topaz Studio from the Photo Editor but directly from Photo Organizer.  Organizer allows you to define a separate editor in addition to Photo Editor and that's what I did so I don't have to do the extra hop through Photo Editor first.  I then did some simple edits - including a crop so it would be obvious - and clicked Accept in Topaz Studio.

In the media grid, I do see the extra file come back in the set but no changes were applied when I either look at the raw file directly or if I split and view the files in the grid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried updating the thumbnail (Ctrl+Shift+U)?

Added:  Never mind.  I just tried it myself.  I think Topaz does not work with raw files because it does not save the edits back to the sidecar file that the Organizer reads to display the edit.  Editing jpeg files works fine with the Organizer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Greg.  I'll skip on doing the direct edits in Organizer then.  You're right - I don't think it saves anything in XML files and has its own format.  Lots of other ways to solve this problem and I'll find one that works for me.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines