Highlighted

Transfer Adobe 15 from one PC to a new PC

Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I originally posted a similar question as "Nelson Tutterow Sep 1, 2017 11:22 AM". 

Thanks for the help in this.  I now have purchased a new PC and want to know if the procedure will be about the same in loading Adobe Premier Elements from PC to PC.  Does my license allow this, and are there any obstacles to overcome?  I originally purchased the software as a down-load, so I have no CDs to re-load from. 

So, do you have any tips for me?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Greg_S. | Adobe Community Professional

If you have only installed on one previous computer before, there should be no problem installing on another.  I'm assuming that you registered the program when you first activated it.  You will have to sign into your Adobe account as part of the installation procedure.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Transfer Adobe 15 from one PC to a new PC

Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I originally posted a similar question as "Nelson Tutterow Sep 1, 2017 11:22 AM". 

Thanks for the help in this.  I now have purchased a new PC and want to know if the procedure will be about the same in loading Adobe Premier Elements from PC to PC.  Does my license allow this, and are there any obstacles to overcome?  I originally purchased the software as a down-load, so I have no CDs to re-load from. 

So, do you have any tips for me?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Greg_S. | Adobe Community Professional

If you have only installed on one previous computer before, there should be no problem installing on another.  I'm assuming that you registered the program when you first activated it.  You will have to sign into your Adobe account as part of the installation procedure.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 07, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 07, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the input - after setting up new new PC with elements, will I then copy all of my photos and information about them to the new PC?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 08, 2019 0
Jun 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best way to transfer everything to a new computer is to use the Organizer's File>Backup/Restore tool.  You should Backup the catalog from the old computer to an external drive and Restore the backup files from the external drive to the new computer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 08, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks...I'm confused concerning the creative-cloud-app vs PC-app portion.  The software "lived" on my PC before...and I think that I want this again.  So when I go to the Abode website, it's not clear if I will install the creative-cloud or the PC software.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 08, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To edit my question somewhat, I presume that the File>Backup/Restore tool will only restore the pictures, pointers, etc - but not the entire software program (executables)...  Meaning that I have to load the software first, then perform the backup?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 08, 2019 0
Jun 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Elements is a standalone non-subscription based software. It is entirely independent from Adobe’s subscription-based Creative Cloud applications. Once you buy it, you can keep it and do not need to upgrade (unless you want the features of a newer version).

As for the backup/restore function, you must still install the program before you restore  the catalog and photos to the new machine.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 08, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the software to load, and am going to backup/restore from my old PC.  Anything else that I need to watch for?

Thanks for the help...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 08, 2019 0
Greg_S. LATEST
Jun 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only potential issue that arises in your situation on a backup/restore is where you restore the media files to.  You have the option to restore to the original folder structure, e.g  C:\[Username]\My Pictures\[Folders by Date] .  Or, you can restore to a different location, e.g. D:\My Pictures\.   The restore dialog is not very good at explaining where things will end up, and you may find that the folders wind up in a location such as D:\My Pictures\My Pictures\.  Since you are restoring to a new computer, this will probably not be of significance to you, but it is something to watch out for.  If you find that you want to move any files or folders, you should only do that within the Organizer.  Conducting file maintenance outside of the Organizer through Windows File Explorer only causes trouble.

If your run into any other problems, please come back to the forum and hopefully we will be able to assist you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 08, 2019 0