• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transfer Older version of PSE to another person.

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2019 Feb 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated my version of PSE from 13 to 19. I want to give the older version to my son. Adobe seems to imply that if I transfer a license of one version , I will lost rights to all of them. After all I bought and paid for both versions, they should be handled separate. It seem unreasonable that outdated software cannot be transferred to another person. Can someone help me with this.

Also can one license of PSE be run on two of my computers?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 09, 2019 Feb 09, 2019

Did you buy an upgrade version from 13 to 2019? Or did you buy a new full version of 2019? That makes a big difference.

Upgrading means you’ve still got one license. You upgraded your version 13 license so your 2019 serial number relies on your version 13 serial number. In that case, you cannot transfer your version 13 serial number to someone else because you still need it whenever you need to reinstall 2019.

Buying a full version of 2019 - not an upgrade - means you have two separate licenses an

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2019 Feb 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you buy an upgrade version from 13 to 2019? Or did you buy a new full version of 2019? That makes a big difference.

Upgrading means you’ve still got one license. You upgraded your version 13 license so your 2019 serial number relies on your version 13 serial number. In that case, you cannot transfer your version 13 serial number to someone else because you still need it whenever you need to reinstall 2019.

Buying a full version of 2019 - not an upgrade - means you have two separate licenses and you can transfer your version 13 serial number to someone else.

Also can one license of PSE be run on two of my computers?

• You can install the software on as many computers as you like
  • Of those installations, a maximum of two can be activated for use at any time. You can toggle activations between computers via Help > Sign In / Sign Out at any time
  • Of the two activated installations, you can only use one at a time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for taking the time to answer. I did buy a complete version of PSE 19 so I'm good to go. You have been very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines