• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transfer Photoshop Elements 2019 to M1 Mac Mini

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a new M1 Mac Mini, and have not been successful in transferring my Photoshop Elements 2019 program from my 2015 Macbook Pro.  I used Migration assistant to transfer all Applications (inlcuding PSE 2019); at first, it appeared that it was a successful transfer, and PSE opened.  But, Organizer did not function, from the start;   the editor did indeed open and appear to function normally.  I then attempted to "renew" my Topaz Labs add-in programs, and that operation aborted, due to "identity error".  Now, PSE 2019 doesn't even open, nor do any of it's components..

Prior to using Migration Assistant, I tried "renewing" my PSE 2019 program from the Adobe website, after identifying myself and my purchase.  After the download, it appeared to be ready to run, but it did not.... 

Anyone have a similar experience, or does anyone have any insight that might help me troubleshoot this??

Guy Hawkins

TOPICS
Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2019 will not work on Mac versions Catalina and newer. 
the m1 uses Big Sur. So 2019 will not work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>>Now, PSE 2019 doesn't even open, nor do any of it's components..

The issue here is not the M1 Mac (Rosetta 2 handles that) but the Big Sur operating system.

Catalina and Big Sur have no support for 32 bit apps nor apps which contain any 32 bit components. PSE 2019 includes 32 bit components so PSE 2019 will not run on either Catalina or Big Sur.

You'll have to upgrade to PSE 2021 to run Elements on Big Sur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, John.  I had intended to upgrade prior to buying the new MI Mac....  Guess I'll carry through with that.

On a separate note, I was contacted by a troll disguised as Adobe Help, and ALMOST bought from the troll the upgrade to 2021....

Wow...... can't believe I almost fell for that.... well, I did fall for it, but at the last minute my BS alarms started ringing loud..... the poor English and the wrong sales tax calculation scared me off.....  

So, I suppose he (and his buddies) prowl Help and Support sites like this and hurriedly make conatct with those asking for help in order to bilk them out of money....  despicable!!

Thank you John.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes. Your original post included your email address which may be how they contacted you. That was stripped out by the forum moderators to try and prevent trolls taking advantage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines