• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transfer PSE 2019 to new laptop

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a licensed copy of PSE 2019. I have purchased a new laptop online and expect it to arrive in about 2 months. Can I transfer my licensed PSE 2019 to the new laptop? How?

TOPICS
Download and install , How to , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

You are entitled to install a copy of the program on two machines at a time (but you can only use the program on one machine at a time).  If you may want to use the program on another machine in the future, all you need to do is to sign out of the old machine (from the Editor's Help menu).  This will de-activate the license on that machine without further action on your part.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The license, i.e., a subscription, is bound to Adobe ID and not to the machine, so all you need to do is install Creative Cloud on the new machine and log in using the Adobe ID that has the subscription. However, Adobe supports only the latest two versions of CC apps, so you will get to download only CC2021 and CC2020 version of the app on the new machine.

-Manan

[Edit]:- This answer is relevant for Photoshop which is subscription-based, but not for Photoshop Elements as it's a licensed product. See the response from @Nancy OShea for more details regarding Photoshop Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Elements has nothing to do with Creative Cloud.  It's stand alone software, no subscription

required.

Assuming your new machine is compatible with older PSE 2019, use the installation media (disks or downloads) & serial number you received at purchase. If you don't have an optical reader, you can buy external ones on Amazon for about $20.

[Moved from Licensing to Photoshop Elements.]

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good catch @Nancy OShea. I completely missed the Element is the product name. I will add a note to my response to highlight this.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are entitled to install a copy of the program on two machines at a time (but you can only use the program on one machine at a time).  If you may want to use the program on another machine in the future, all you need to do is to sign out of the old machine (from the Editor's Help menu).  This will de-activate the license on that machine without further action on your part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines