• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transfer to a new computer

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a new macbook air and want to download my photoshop elements 12 to it.  Any recommendation on how ?

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't be done, unfortunately.

Your new Mac runs the Big Sur operating system which has no support for 32 bit apps. Elements 12 is 32 bit so it won't even install on your new Mac. That's an Apple thing. Nothing to do with Adobe.

To run Elements, you'll have to pay to upgrade to the current Elements 2021 which is compatible with Big Sur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, I have three versions of Elements, 12, 13, and 2018. None of them work anymore with the OS upgrade. The uninstall doesn't even work anymore. To remove your now obsolete and useless Adobe software, you will need to download the AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool. (Hint: It doesn't work right either, and you will have quite a bit of cleanup to do after it finishes.) 

Adobe only supports the latest two versions of their software, so buying the software is not a good investment if you plan to continue to upgrade your OS (Wouldn't it be nice if there were inexpensive upgrades available for users of prior versions.) This sucks for casual users like myself, who don't use it enough to spend a fortune on CC subscription. Off to the APP store...

Signed, 

Disgruntled Former User

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for your response.  I was afraid that was going to be the answer.  

Best Wishes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines