• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trial version of Elements 2020

Contributor ,
Feb 22, 2020 Feb 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded a trial of Elements 2020 and when lanching for the first time there is an update dialogue. When i try to make the update i receive the message that there is a conflict and the update cannot be completed and an error code 131.

The version i have is. 18. (20200120.m.139570) x64

I have contacted Adobe chat support and was told that if i purchase the App there is a good chance it will update but if not i can get a refund or the tech support will help with the update but not if it's a trial.

I dont really want to purchase something that might or might not work properly.

My system

Imac late 2015    32 GB Ram    OS Catalina 10.15.3

3.3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5

AMD Radeon R9 M395 2 GB

Any help or advice will be very welcome 

Regards Adrian 

TOPICS
Download and install , How to , Mac , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Feb 22, 2020 Feb 22, 2020

Hi Adrian. Try launching the Adobe Update Helper app manually and then retry the installation of the latest update. Ensure you are looking in the system library, not the user library

If you click Go on the top menu and choose go to folder it usually takes you to /Library/ and you can follow the path from there. The helper app is usually inside the HDBox folder.

Macintosh HD⁩ ▸ ⁨Library⁩ ▸ ⁨Application Support⁩ ▸ ⁨Adobe⁩ ▸ ⁨Adobe Desktop Common⁩ ▸ ⁨HDBox⁩

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate , Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Adrian, double clicking update helper (as you've done) is sometimes all it takes.  Check your version again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you purchase directly from Adobe, you generally have 30 days to get a refund:

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/policy-pricing/return-cancel-or-change-order.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that is what the person told me on the support chat but my argument was that i didnt want to

purchase something that at the moment will not update to a newer vesion when updates are available 

especially if i get on well using the software during the trial.

I wondered if there was anyone who could help me get the trial updated to the newest version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adrian. Try launching the Adobe Update Helper app manually and then retry the installation of the latest update. Ensure you are looking in the system library, not the user library

If you click Go on the top menu and choose go to folder it usually takes you to /Library/ and you can follow the path from there. The helper app is usually inside the HDBox folder.

Macintosh HD⁩ ▸ ⁨Library⁩ ▸ ⁨Application Support⁩ ▸ ⁨Adobe⁩ ▸ ⁨Adobe Desktop Common⁩ ▸ ⁨HDBox⁩

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jon

Many thanks for the reply.

I have just followed your instructions and found the Adobe Update Helper in the system Library but when i try to 

launch it nothing happens. If i clickon it or right click and click open/run the icon flashes but nothing happens 

after that. 

Regards Adrian 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adrian, double clicking update helper (as you've done) is sometimes all it takes.  Check your version again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Many thanks for your reply

I have checked the version and it is the latest and when i launch the App there is no notification of an available update so i would assume all is current and working fine.

Thanks for the help and advice to all 

Regards Adrian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines