• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trim Transparent Pixels

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remember with old Phtoshops there was a "trim" option in the image menu. This was useful for getting rid of the transparent background once I was done messing around with this and that. My version does not seem to have this option, nor have I found any other way to simply trim the cavas down to the width/hieght of the image. I know I can crop it manually, but this is not as exact as the old trim button was.

Am I missing something?

Adobe Photoshop Elements Version: 17.0 (20180830.m.125874) x64
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit

TOPICS
Feature request , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not all features of Photoshop are present in Photoshop Elements.  I don't think a trim option has ever been available in Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are several ways to "Trim Transparent Pixels" in photoshop elements including

Command or Ctrl clicking on the Layer Thumbnail in the layers panel to load a

selection around the layer contents and then going to Image>Crop and Select>Deselect.

selection of layer contents

trim1.png

Image>Crop and Select>Deselect

trim2.png

If you have more than one layer to include in the "Trim" then Command or Ctrl click on one

layer then Shift + Command or Ctrl click on each additional layer to include those layers

contents in the selection before going to Image>Crop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines