• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

trouble importing in photoshop elements organizer 2020

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a new user to photoshop elements.  I am trying to import some jpeg files created from scanning old slides.  The files are organized into folders.  When i use the commands to select files and folders in organizer I cannot import anything.  I select the folder in which the files are stored and then click on Open and nothing happens.  The get media button never is "lit up".  I must be doing something wrong.  I have tried to get import to work on other digital picture folders but nothing happens.  

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that you cannot import some images into Photoshop Elements Organizer as the "Get Media" button stays grayed out. 

As you mentioned that you are working with old scanned images in jpeg format, it might be possible that they have been converted into a file format other than jpeg and hence the app it not recognizing them. Try to convert them again or use a different file format.

If these images are stored on an external storage, try copying a few to your desktop and check that if you're able to import. 

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens with all my images.  They are JPeg and they are on my hard drive.  I simply cannot select a folder and get it to import.  I have to select individiual images to get the import to organizer.  This makes organizer very cumbersome since I have a lot of photos I was hoping to import into organizer.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Can you share some sample images you are trying to Import? You can send the images as a private message too. It will be great if you share small video of the issue too.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To import, you have to select files, not folders. It's not obvious that you should select files (Ctrl A to select all the files in a folder) before clicking on Get Media or on Open, which are doing the same thing. When the files have been selected (highlighted), they are shown in the input space on top of the 'Get media' button. So long as that input space is empty, you can't import anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for answering my question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines