• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to delete

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to delete a large number of images that got disconnected in rebuilding files after a disk crash.  I have one good connected original and several duplicate images from other folders.  I get this message when I check to delete from disk as well as from the catalog:  
"Analysis is currently running on the selected media.  Please try again afte some time."

Any thoughts on how to totally delete these images from catalog and disk?

TOPICS
How to , Mac , Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two things:

First go to your preferences in the organizer and disable all automatic features (which include analysis). Restart the organizer.

Then, keep in mind that missing files only need to be deleted from the catalog, they can't be deleted from disk since your catalog can't find them.

Run a search for missing files. In the resulting dialog, use the small icon (3 horizontal bars) above the missing files list; this opens a menu which lets you: - select all missing files, then delete all missing files (from the catalog).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks so much for clarifying what I now see as obvious - can’t delete files that catalog doesn’t know where to find. Took the other steps and no problem deleting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines