• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to get started!

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am completely new to Photoshop Elements 2020 so apologise for my lack of knowledge!

I cannot load up Photoshop Elements Editor Workspace from the Organiser Home Screen! I installed my software from cd and all appears to be in order but when I click on the Editor button my pc shows a rotating timer - but then nothing happens. I am trying to work on some photos that I have scanned and am finding this very frustrating. Also the home screen is too wide for my monitor. Is there a way to reduce the width so that all the options appear on the home screen?

I have checked out the "getting started" videos and the online guidance without any success. I guess I must be missing something obvious - but would be grateful for any advice.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved from the Premiere Elements forum to the Photoshop Elements forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS are you using?

Does your monitor meet the system requirements?

1280x800 display resolution (at 100% scale factor)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg

Thank you for your response.

I am running Windows 10 OS and am not as concerned about the screen width as I am about not being able to access Photo editor.

I am going to remove all of the software that I loaded and try again as I have the disc. Perhaps I made an error when I originally loaded the software? As you can probably guess - all this is very new to me! Nevertheless, it is good for me to venture out of my comfort zone!!

Thank you again for your interest.

Kind regards

Mike
Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike, while the window width of the Home Screen may not bother you, it may be a symptom of a deeper problem.  Please confirm that your screen monitor meets the system requiremements that I quoted.  If it doesn't, the program may not run.  If that is not an issue, then do as Peru Bob suggested and make sure that you have the latest graphics drivers.

Other things to try:

• Go to Edit>Preferences>Media Analysis and uncheck all the boxes.  (The auto-analysis may be interfering with the performance of the program and may result in non-responsiveness of the program.)
  • Open the program using Windows Explorer.  Navigate to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2020 and double click on PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Greg

I am sorry for the delay in responding to you.

Thank you so much for your advice. I checked my screen resolution and that is 1280x1024 so no problems there. I also checked that I had the latest drivers - and I did. However, I was displaying at 150% scale factor and, after changing that to 100% as you advised I am now able to access the editor. Indeed, I have already scanned one or two images just to make sure - everything appears to be fine!

Once again, my sincere thanks for your help and support. I am on my way now - thank you.

Mike

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines