• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to Locate Serial Numbers

New Here ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wanting to know which Adobe products I own have which serial numbers.

In the "old days" one could find them within a given Adobe program but now, I'm unable to locate a serial number for any given program.

Any suggestions? (Please be kind, I'm new at this forum stuff).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WesTexMan  wrote

I'm wanting to know which Adobe products I own have which serial numbers.

In the "old days" one could find them within a given Adobe program but now, I'm unable to locate a serial number for any given program.

This tech note should help:

Find your serial number

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Adobe.com and sign in to your account. Next, go to "Manage your Accounts."  On this page, you will find an option to "register your products."  On that page, you will find a tab with "My Products".  All of your registered Adobe products will be listed with the serial numbers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your time and reply.
I have checked "My Products" which indicates I have 3 registered Photoshop Elements and 3 Premiere Elements. It may not seem important but I'd like to know which product is installed on which machine. Right now all I know is that 3 products for each app are registered. Since I've only installed 2 instances of each app I'd like to better manage which product is installed where.
Call me old-fashioned. I am.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WesTexMan  wrote

Thank you for your time and reply.
I have checked "My Products" which indicates I have 3 registered Photoshop Elements and 3 Premiere Elements. It may not seem important but I'd like to know which product is installed on which machine. Right now all I know is that 3 products for each app are registered. Since I've only installed 2 instances of each app I'd like to better manage which product is installed where.
Call me old-fashioned. I am.

I'm not sure if I fully understand you.  I am assuming that you purchased 3 different versions of each program.  If you go to the Start menu  on your computer, the installed version should show up.  Is this what you mean?

Snap10_2019.05.13_12h51m41s_007_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, not the version number, the serial number used to activate that program.
Again, in "olden" times that serial number was, of course, on the product box or CD and would then be entered to activate the product.

My point is that it also would show up under "About" or somewhere within the running app.
I guess I'm making much ado about nothing but I want to be sure I not only register each purchased app but, more importantly, don't
accidentally try to use a product key twice. Just want to keep things on the up-and-up.
I know, old fashioned. No piracy here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WesTexMan  wrote

I want to be sure I not only register each purchased app but, more importantly, don't

accidentally try to use a product key twice. Just want to keep things on the up-and-up.
I know, old fashioned. No piracy here.

No worries.  Under the more recent licensing scheme, I believe you are entitled to install each licensed copy on two machines. (But you may only use the program on one machine at a time.)  If you try to install the program on another machine, you will be notified that you have reached the maximum number of installations for that license number and should be given the opportunity to "deactivate" the copies on the other machines.  This is why current licenses are tied to an Adobe.com account and why you need to sign into your account to use the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Greg. I think I'll just try the old elimination game - activate a second instance on a different machine and see what happens. If the serial number I use doesn't get "rejected" then I'm good; otherwise, enter one of the other serials I have.

I was just trying to "know" before I installed/registered that second installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be precise, I think you can probably install on any number of machines without a problem.  It is the "activation" that is limited.  And just to complicate matters, you can use the Organizer without limitation.  It is only when you open the Editor that you need to activate the machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am trying to determine which of my computers has which adobe acrobat serial #. I would think it would be in the 'about 

Acrobat..." but it's not. I have 9 acrobat serial numbers for various work computers, but some computers aren't in use anymore and I would like to know which serial number I am using with each computer. I have had to reinstall windows on two computers and don't know which license went with which machine. I know I can install one license on two machines but I don't want only one person to be able to use it at a time. Why isn't it easy to figure out which Adobe Serial # license is on a particular computer? My Adoby account online only tells me what the serial numbers are, not on which computers. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having exactly this same problem!  I see this thread is 2 years old, hoping to bump it to the top of the pile!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@fontjunkie, several issues are mentioned in this thread.  What exactly is your problem? Nothing much has changed over the past two years.  If you click on this link it will take you to the Products page of your Adobe account profile.  You may have to sign into your account.  There you will find a list of all of your registered products together with the serial numbers for your licenses and also a download link for the product.  Note that your version number will identify the product, not the marketing name.  So, for example, Elements 2022 will show on the Products page as Version 20.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines