• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to reinstall Photoshop Elements 2019 on my iMac after a clean install of Mac OS

New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings, I am having an issue reinstalling my Photoshop Elements 2019 app on my 27" iMac after doing a clean install of the Mac OS. I had Elements running/working on the previous instance on my iMac before I did the clean install and now I tried to download the installer again from Adobe and install it, but after I get it installed, the first window pops open and I go to start the photo editor and I get an error: "Your applicatioin install seems to be damaged, Please reinstall the application" (see attached)

I deleted the app and tried another install, but got the same issue. How do I reinstall this product to working order after doing a clean, reinstall, of my Mac operating system? (Mac OS 10.15.4)

TOPICS
Download and install , How to , Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have decided to just add the all apps subscription to my Creative Cloud subscription to avoid buying something and having it get depreciated the very next year. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The software is not depreciated. In fact I’m still using PSE 2019, albeit on Mac OS Mojave. I can sympathise if the clean install meant upgrading to Catalina. Apple has been pushing out warnings for a long time about 32 bit components no longer functioning. While PSE 2019 is a 64 bit app the installers are 32 bit which makes it impossible to re-install. A Creative Cloud subscription is a good way to go as it avoids another capital outlay, although I feel your disappointment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines