• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Two computers running Elements accessing a common Catalog?

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently have Elements 2019 installed on my home server (Win Svr 2016).  It works great and no complaints. 

Could I install Elements on a Win10 PC and access the catalog/media all on the server (via a mapped drive)?  Or would that cause problems or is technically impossible? 

(the reason I'm asking😞 I have a small Home Theatre Win10 PC hooked up to my large TV in the living room and would like to show my media there via Elements. 

As far as licensing, I believe it's OK to install Adobe products on 2 computers, as long as you are only using 1 at a time (but that's not my Q)

Thanks for any help - Bill 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Bill,

I've not tried it myself (and Adobe doesn't officially recommend it), but other users have got it up and running without any hitches:

Catalog on network storage - Adobe Support Community - 11820954

I think the main problem might be if two users were logged in at the same time and both trying to make changes to the catalog simultaneously. This of course would be a violation of the licensing terms anyway - you can install Elements on two separate machines but you can't use them at the same time. Remember to only have one copy of Elements open at any one time 🙂 

If you restrict your cataloging/editing to your existing Elements installation and then use your home theatre PC for purely viewing purposes, then I think you'll have no problem. Of course, you should backup your catalog first, just in case 🙂

Would love to hear how you get on, so please report back 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines