• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ugrade from 10 to latest?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using version 10 of photoshop, want to upgrade, what impact will that have on my catalog and albums. Virtual assistant useless.

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

I am using version 10 of photoshop, want to upgrade, what impact will that have on my catalog and albums.

When you install a newer version, you are prompted to agree to the 'conversion' of your current catalog (which contains the albums lists). This creates a new catalog in the current format with (nearly) everything in the original one (some creations may not be available). The old catalog is still unchanged but it is renamed with a -1 suffix. The old PSE version will continue to work seamles

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it Photoshop ELEMENTS 10 you have or Photoshop 10.0 (called CS3?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Photoshop Elements 10. Sorry, I'm a septuagenarian with FOC, (fear of changes). Have also been reassured by another forum member, but if you've any advice, I'd love to hear it Thank you in advance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using version 10 of photoshop, want to upgrade, what impact will that have on my catalog and albums.

When you install a newer version, you are prompted to agree to the 'conversion' of your current catalog (which contains the albums lists). This creates a new catalog in the current format with (nearly) everything in the original one (some creations may not be available). The old catalog is still unchanged but it is renamed with a -1 suffix. The old PSE version will continue to work seamlessly with the original renamed catalog. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that is exactly the information I needed. The fact that the old catalog is retained with a file suffix is reassuring. Don't know why I waited so long to upgrade. Perhaps because having invested so much time into learning the software I became hesitant about changes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines