Highlighted

Unable to access "preferences" in photo editor

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Elements 2019 version 17

64 bit windows 7

Experienced 3 or 4 startup crashes the first time opening the program. All startups have been successful since then.

I am able to open photo editor and organizer, video editor demands purchase or subscription - which I don't really care about.

In photo editor, under the EDIT tab, "color settings, preset manager, and preferences" are dimmed, and I can't open any of them.

I have access to preferences in organizer, but I bought this software primarily for the photo editor, and I can't tweak it as I see fit.

Is this "normal" for Adobe products? If this is the case, then I sense a boycott of ALL Adobe software, because this access-restriction crap is for the birds.

Thanks in advance for any insight into this BS.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unable to access "preferences" in photo editor

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Elements 2019 version 17

64 bit windows 7

Experienced 3 or 4 startup crashes the first time opening the program. All startups have been successful since then.

I am able to open photo editor and organizer, video editor demands purchase or subscription - which I don't really care about.

In photo editor, under the EDIT tab, "color settings, preset manager, and preferences" are dimmed, and I can't open any of them.

I have access to preferences in organizer, but I bought this software primarily for the photo editor, and I can't tweak it as I see fit.

Is this "normal" for Adobe products? If this is the case, then I sense a boycott of ALL Adobe software, because this access-restriction crap is for the birds.

Thanks in advance for any insight into this BS.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 24, 2019 0
99jon LATEST
LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try re-building the prefs.

Hold down the three keys Ctrl+Shift+Alt for a few seconds while launching the Editor. When you see a pop-up message (see image below) click “Yes” to delete settings.

Let us know if that makes any difference.

Prefs2019.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 25, 2019 1