Unable to edit or place into library CR2 files using PSE9

New Here ,
May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using PSE9 at the moment and have just purchased a second hand Canon 700D.

I shoot in Raw mode that produces CR2 files. When I try to place the files in my library or edit them in PSE9 I receive an error message: The file is damaged or is a format that cannot be added to the organiser.

I also have a Canon 500D that I shoot in Raw CR2 mode as well (for the last 12 years) and have no issue importing or editing my CR2 images using PSE9.

How can I fix this issue?Elements fail notice.JPG

I have tried changing to jpeg format and when I do this I am able to add the files to the PSE9 library and edit them, but when I revert back to Raw (CR2) shooting the original error message pops up.

I have tried formatting the SD cards both in the camera and also via the computer. This does not change the outcome.

I have tried updating my PSE9 software. Unfortunately my registered copy of PSE9 is ineligible for updates.

I have also tried swapping my SD cards from my 500D to the 700D. This does not fix the issue.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , May 31, 2019
Jeff Arola Adobe Community Professional , May 31, 2019
Unfortunately, pse 9 is is not able to use the required 7.4 camera raw plugin that supports the Canon 700D, so that's why you can't import the files. Pse 9 can only use up to the 6.5 camera raw plugin.You can, however, use the free adobe dng converter to convert the Canon 700D cr2s to dng copies which then the pse 9 organizer/editor should import/open.windowsAdobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Windows : Adobe DNG Converter 11.3 macAdobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Macintosh : Adobe DNG Converter 11.3...

Translate

Translate
Jump to answer Jump to answer
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, pse 9 is is not able to use the required 7.4 camera raw plugin that supports the Canon 700D, so that's why you can't import the files. Pse 9 can only use up to the 6.5 camera raw plugin.

You can, however, use the free adobe dng converter to convert the Canon 700D cr2s to dng copies which then the pse 9 organizer/editor should import/open.

windows

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Windows : Adobe DNG Converter 11.3

mac

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Macintosh : Adobe DNG Converter 11.3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
walker_21 AUTHOR LATEST
New Here ,
May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this.

I will try this converter when I get home from work today.

I might have to look into upgrading to the latest PSE version as I like the format of PSE.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines