• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to import HEIF and HEVC files with Photoshop Elements 2021 even after following Adobe help

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed PSE 2021 and uninstalled/installed the appropriate extensions per the support article but PSE STILL will not import HEIF files.  Any more suggestions?

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/premiere-elements/using/hevc-decoding-on-windows.html

TOPICS
Import and export , Organizer , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you trying to import the HEIF files? 

Are you receiving any error messages? 

If you are using the APD to import directly from an iPhone, what settings do you have for Transfer to Mac or PC in your phone's Photos app?  (Automatic or Keep Originals). 

Are you having problems with both photos and videos?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply.  Below is the error I receive when trying to import HEIF photos.  I haven't tried importing a video.  The HEIF images are already on my PC.  I continuously sync them down from iCloud so they are local.  I then move them to a dedicated harddrive that holds all of my images and then import from there.  I assume it doesn't matter how I get the images from the phone to my PC?

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines