Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to install Photoshop Elements 2018 on Big Sur

New Here ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had bought a Photoshop Elements 2018 few years ago for Windows at that time;

I recently bought a iMac and it has Big Sur. I am new to Macs.

I downloaded the mac version of PS Elements 2018 from my orders page and tried installing and it says the developer needs to update the install. 

What are my options to use my previously paid for PS Elements 2018 on my new iMac? 

TOPICS
Download and install , How to , Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Unfortunately, Elements 2018 cannot be installed on Big Sur. That's an Apple thing for technical reasons.

You'll have to pay to upgrade to the current version Elements 2021

See https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/macos-big-sur-compatibility.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate , May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

You can always download the 30-day free trial of Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021 and give it a good run out on your Mac before commiting yourself to purchasing it 🙂

Download Photoshop Elements free trial

When you're ready to purchase, as an existing Photoshop Elements user you'll be eligible for the upgrade pricing.

And as it's a dual-platform license you'll be able to install it on your old Windows machine too (as long as it meets the system requirements).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, Elements 2018 cannot be installed on Big Sur. That's an Apple thing for technical reasons.

You'll have to pay to upgrade to the current version Elements 2021

See https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/macos-big-sur-compatibility.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I wanted to be sure before I make the 2021 purchase... Appreciate the quick response. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can always download the 30-day free trial of Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021 and give it a good run out on your Mac before commiting yourself to purchasing it 🙂

Download Photoshop Elements free trial

When you're ready to purchase, as an existing Photoshop Elements user you'll be eligible for the upgrade pricing.

And as it's a dual-platform license you'll be able to install it on your old Windows machine too (as long as it meets the system requirements).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Be prepared to buy an upgrade every 2-3 years. I bought it in 2018 for my Mac and now can't use it anymore ... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines