• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to install Photoshop Elements 2019 on Macbook Pro

Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just received my copy of Photoshop Elements 2019 yesterday and ran into an issue where I got an Error Message stating: "The installation cannot continue as the installer file may be damaged. Download the installer file again."

I tried downloading the program from Adobe and got the same error message.

I have Macbook Pro from around 2012.  It's running Mojave with an SSD.

Not really sure how to proceed.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 21, 2019 Sep 21, 2019
I wanted to thank everyone for their suggestions. Unfortunately, none of them worked. Adobe Tech support even tried to help out remotely with no luck. Good news! I solved my problem by doing a clean install of OS X Mojave and then installing Photoshop Elements 2019 (with no problems!). My solution may have been a bit labor intensive, but I took this as an opportunity to get rid of a bunch of stuff I haven’t used in a long time. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the Photoshop Elements forum from Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the operating system 64 Bits?

If not, it won't install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I have an Intel Core i5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you are using the Mac download, not the Windows download?

What size is your hard drive and how much free space is there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the install discs. Purchased the box a few days ago. When I got the error message, I downloaded the Mac version, but still got the same message. I have. 1 TB SSD Drive. It’s only half full. More than enough room.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ll check it out a bit later today and get back to you. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this here with the PhotoshopElements_2019_WWEFDJ_ESD.dmg you downloaded.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-cloud-mac-os-sierra.html

dmg1.png

dmg-2.png

dmg3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2019 Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you had to face during the installation process. Just wanted to confirm if you were able to successfully install the application after following the suggestions shared by our extremely helpful community members.

You can also refer to this article to get detailed instructions for installing the application.

Thanks,

Medha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2019 Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to thank everyone for their suggestions. Unfortunately, none of them worked. Adobe Tech support even tried to help out remotely with no luck. Good news! I solved my problem by doing a clean install of OS X Mojave and then installing Photoshop Elements 2019 (with no problems!). My solution may have been a bit labor intensive, but I took this as an opportunity to get rid of a bunch of stuff I haven’t used in a long time. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Glad to hear that the problem has been resolved. Hope you have a great time exploring Elements 2019!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines