• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open or Load Photoshop Elements

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2019 Mar 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had my iMac rebuilt with an SSD and fast external HDD. ALL my programs were transferred to the new external drive, with the SSD drive running the OS. I cannot open PE11 at all . . . . getting an Error 6 or message that no application is there.  So, I tried to download PE11 and use my serial number, etc. to activate it. After four attempts (including one link from the slowest Chat line ever), the result is the same: this file is not recognized by my Mac. That's the error message: image not recognized!

I am really, really tired of this. I've bought PE since version 4 and have licenses for at least three versions, but am dead in the water. Because I am using Yosemite, with no upgrade plans, I am not interested in upgrading to PE 19 or whatever the latest edition is.

Any suggestions?

TT

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2019 Mar 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CaptainEasy  wrote

ALL my programs were transferred to the new external drive,

You can't transfer Adobe applications.  You need to do a proper installation on the same drive as your operating system.

Uninstall all Adobe applications, use the Adobe Cleaner Tool, and then reinstall:

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Download Photoshop Elements 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, and 7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2019 Mar 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Creative Cloud program find absolutely nothing to uninstall!

I deleted the PhotoShop Organizer/Elements folder from the SSD drive. I again downloaded PE11 and again received the message: image not recognized.

So, your instructions have NOT helped at all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post a screenshot of the error message?

FAQ: How do I capture and post a screen shot or video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, what is your operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I managed to find a saved disk image of PE11 and was able to load it with no problem. Thank heavens for my tendency to save things! I certainly got precious little help here.

And, on another note: when Adobe did not recognize my password, I clicked forgot password. Guess what, on the change password page one had to INPUT THE FORGOTTEN password! I’ve tried three saved Adobe passwords, none of which was accepted. Honestly, this is the worst example of customer service I’ve seen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines