• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable To Print from Elements 14 Editor

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am all of a sudden unable to print from my Elements 14 editor to either of my printers. I can print from elements 14 organizer but not from the editor.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the editor but no change. The printing feature seems really messed up.  My default printer is a Canon PIXMA MX922 and I also have an HP C310 printer installed. When I change the printer to try to print to the HP printer, it tries to print to the Canon and fails. I have used Elements for a long time and I really do not want to be driven to PaintShop just to print single pictures.  Can anyone please help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Try this in Editor:]

1. File>New>blank file, enter 4"x 6" , resolution 300px/in, background white. This will be the canvas and your background layer.
  2. Open your picture file, go Select>all, then Edit>copy to put it on the clipboard
  3. Go back to the canvas, then Edit>paste. This will generate Layer 1
  4. Activate the move tool, and drag the picture to one side
  5. Activate the canvas layer again
  6. Go to Edit>paste and position the picture ( Layer 2)
  7. Use the corner handles of the move tool to resize the picture, if nece

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suggest that you reset preferences to default in Editor. To do that, go to Edit>Preferences>General and look for this:

Preferences_2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that and now I get a print error " Could not print "xwp.JPG" because there is not enough memory on the external memory boards".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tedda69445871,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please try out the following solution:

1. Immediately after clicking the Editor button. click "CNTRL+SHIFT+ALT"

2. Click "Yes" to clear all your print preferences.

3. Select the printer from Printer list

4. Go to Print Settings(Change Settings)-> Advanced Settings.

5. Restore the "default" print settings.

6. Go to PSE Editor-> Preferences-> Performance(Cntrl+K)

7. Increase "RAM" here in text box or using slider

8. Close the Editor.

9. Double click the application to launch the welcome screen

This will resolve your issue.

Again, if you still face the same issue. Please try out print with other applications and let us know.

Your feedback is really appreciated.

Thanks,

Rahul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I was having a similar issue - I could print from Organiser but not editor - a message about not being able to contact default printer.

I tried the CTRL+SHIFT+ALT upon opening Editor, and my printer now works in Editor

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2017 Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have an editor election when I open pse 14. I am trying to print multiple images of the the same photo and unlike my old pse 6, there is no "print multiple photos" selecrion available. So how do I print the multiple photos. I want to print 2 photos (the same) on my Canon Selphy CP800, which worked great with PSE6.

Thanks Gary R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi garys42633252,

In PSE14, you can find out "Print Copies" option in "Print" dialog only. Please refer the screenshot attached.Print.PNG

Please revert if you are still not able to find out print multiple copies option.

Thanks,

Rahul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not what I am trying to do. I want to print two wallet size images, of the same picture, on one 4x6 page. Please refer to Elements 6, where there is an optioin in File, to "Print multiple photos...AltCtlP". I am using a Canon Selphy CP800 Photo Printer. I am having troulbe understanding why no one knows what I mean. I am a casual user and by no means a software or photo expert.

Gary

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary,

This feature of printing is present in Element Organizer 14-> "More options"-> Layout-> use each photo. Following are the steps:

1. import the image in Organizer catalog

2. Select and click cntrl+p to print the image

3. Select the paper size as 4x6 and print size as 2.1x2.8(You can give custom size as well)

4. Click on "more options" button, increase the count of "use each photo"

5. Click Ok

6. Verify print preview.

With this you can get the same image, multiple times on same paper. 

Please revert if in case of any doubt.

Thanks,

Rahul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for the step by step instructions. I will give this a try later today. You are the first person to show interest in my problem. I pruchased the Dummies book for PSE 14 and they have only the basic printing steps and also a YouTube gave no better results, as was the same with the Adobe Community Forum with no responses at all, but many views.

Gary

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rahuj,

You are going to think I am a real dope, but when I click on "more options", I to not see "use each photo" selection. Also, when I bring the photo into print window it is large than the "frame" shown and one "frame" looks larger than the other. Do I maybe have a bad PSE 14 loaded software? You are being very patient with me.

Gayr

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this in Editor:]

1. File>New>blank file, enter 4"x 6" , resolution 300px/in, background white. This will be the canvas and your background layer.
  2. Open your picture file, go Select>all, then Edit>copy to put it on the clipboard
  3. Go back to the canvas, then Edit>paste. This will generate Layer 1
  4. Activate the move tool, and drag the picture to one side
  5. Activate the canvas layer again
  6. Go to Edit>paste and position the picture ( Layer 2)
  7. Use the corner handles of the move tool to resize the picture, if necessary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Halstead thank you,

I will give this a try soon.

Gary

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome. We look forward to your progress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. Well I could not get it to work. I don't think I know enough about layers. Everytime I bring in the first picture, it converts my white background into the background layer and fills the layer full and I cannot move the image. I will keep working on it.

Gary

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2017 Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

garys42633252  wrote

Thanks for the reply. Well I could not get it to work. I don't think I know enough about layers. Everytime I bring in the first picture, it converts my white background into the background layer and fills the layer full and I cannot move the image. I will keep working on it.

Gary

>

Crop or resize the picture so that the two will fit on the white background layer. If the original picture is 4x6 and the canvas is 4x6, you don't have enough "real-estate"  for two of the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you everyone for all the replies. I did not see these when I went to Adobe.com and Community forums. I will be trying most of the suggestions.

Thank you again Formun community forums members.

Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.  I have three printers (for different types of jobs) but PSE will only printer on my Canon.  If I try to print on an Epson, it looks like it has changed the setup but then tells me it can't print on the Canon.  (?)  WORSE!  I just bought a new Canon printer and delted the old one in Control Panel.  Now it can't find that old one, and won't let me use the new one or the Epsons.  I still need advice.  Please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is an old thread, going back to 2017.

You don't provide information as to whether you have a Mac or Windows, and version of PSE.

Try resetting preferences to default. To do that, go to Edit>Preferences>General, and reset on next launch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the problem of no printer chosen and ram full. I have tried all suggestions and it has not worked. also I uninstalled and now tried to reinstall to see if I could not get past the serial number. which now says is the number is wrong. The PSE14 program was installed in October 2015 so it is less that 4 years old. I read that Microsoft is aware of problem and haven't fixed it is  that fact? I like the program but don't want to buy your product again if every 3 to 4 years I have problems and no fix from Microsoft.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines