Highlighted

Unable to print through Photoshop Elements - the default printer could not be opened

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a HP Office Jet Pro 8730 Printer that I have just reinstalled as I was trying to fix this printing problem. The problem existed before I reinstalled the printer but when I try and print a picture or anything from my adobe Photoshop I get a message saying - "Because the default printer could not be opened". Any Ideas????

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unable to print through Photoshop Elements - the default printer could not be opened

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a HP Office Jet Pro 8730 Printer that I have just reinstalled as I was trying to fix this printing problem. The problem existed before I reinstalled the printer but when I try and print a picture or anything from my adobe Photoshop I get a message saying - "Because the default printer could not be opened". Any Ideas????

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 22, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Would you mind confirming the version of Photoshop Elements you are using along with the operating system you are working on? Have you installed the latest printer drivers from HP's website?

You may check the discussion here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/pse-13-error-quot-because-the-default-printer-cann...

Regards,

Nikunj

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 22, 2019 0
Greg_S. LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting preferences usually fixes problems such as this.  See this article.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 22, 2019 0