• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to select, move or adjust an object, i.e., line or colored block

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just uupdated with PE 15. Drew a line, but cannot select it to move or adjust; entire background is what gets selected and moved. Or sometimes the object is selected and it will then move/cut from the entire background.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You used the Line Tool?

What operating system are you using?

The easiest way to resize/move a line drawn with the Line Tool is to use the Shape Selection Tool, which is grouped with the other shape tools.

shse.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 10.12.2, used a pencil to draw a line and also used the line tool. Have used everything I can think of. Unless I’m going crazy, always before I could select the move tool to make adjustments to the line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your using the Move Tool uncheck Auto Select Layer and then whatever layer is selected in the layers panel will stay selected.

Also check Show Bounding Box

Screenshot-(75).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Voila! Thank you—I thought I had tried all the options—apparently not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2017 Jan 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to bother you again; remember from below I did follow your advice and it solved that problem for me.

But now, I give up again—how do I duplicate or copy the line? The old way of doing it is not the same.

Sorry to trouble you, but 15 is different here in my previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2017 Jan 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's no trouble at all.

That's what these forums are for; to ask questions.

One way to copy/duplicate the Line is to use the Move Tool and hold down the Option key while moving the Line

or

select the layer in the layers panel and go to Layer>Duplicate Layer

or

drag the selected layer in the layers panel to the Create a new layer icon at the top of the layers panel.

nli.png

nlia.png

nliab.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pesky me again. Hung up on this one small action.

Your suggestions resolved the first part of my dilemma, but now I cannot copy or move selected line (used move tool to select) as easily as I did in previous versions where I could do it all with the move tool.

When I do as you suggest below and try to copy or move a line (hung up on that, I know), I cannot see a duplication or get a copy, I get a rectangular what you call I guess a bounding box. Maybe I need someone to speak slowly or draw me a map!

Not an expert on PE, but someone who has loved Pe through previous versions in my own amateur way.

Either my arteries must be hardening, or my brain is now too aged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I do as you suggest below and try to copy or move a line (hung up on that, I know), I cannot see a duplication or get a copy, I get a rectangular what you call I guess a bounding box. Maybe I need someone to speak slowly or draw me a map!

The way I duplicate the "object" - this could be your line or any shape, then make that layer active by clicking on it and then press CTRL+J.  Now activate the Move tool and use the arrow keys of your keyboard to move the shape on the screen.  Pressing the SHIFT+Arrow keys makes the shape move 1 pixel at a time.  Try it and let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks much for responding. That part of at the problem (moving, resizing) has been resolved.

But In earlier versions of PE when selecting the line all I had to do was a command C or D to copy or copy or duplicate the line. Do a Command D and another line would appear. Repeat it and another line would appear. Same with copying, do a Command C and I could then paste it anywhere I wanted, It was that simple.

No one seems to understand how simple it used to be and tell me how to do it now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

junepl@comcast.net wrote:

But In earlier versions of PE when selecting the line all I had to do was a command C or D to copy or copy or duplicate the line. Do a Command D and another line would appear. Repeat it and another line would appear. Same with copying, do a Command C and I could then paste it anywhere I wanted, It was that simple.

I don't see any change from earlier versions.

You select with Ctrl C and paste with  Ctrl V (not Ctrl D) as often as you want ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines