• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unsupported file

Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I am using Elements 2019 & after editing & saving as j-pegs copy my photos onto a hard-drive to view on TV. I have been doing this for a few years with no problems but now all edited photos will not view on TV & show as an unsupported file. Unedited ones are fine. I have uninstalled & re-loaded Elements multiple times & the problem is still there. Any ideas anyone? Thanks.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

I could not find "Save for web" but saved as "Standard" instead of "Progressive" which was the default setting & that has solved the problem. Thanks for all the replies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the Photoshop Elements forum from Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post the complete file name of one of the photos?

Is there two periods or any unusual characters in the file names?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file names are just j-pegs - ie img_8765. They have been edited & can be viewed on my computer OK, they can be e-mailed & viewed & posted online OK. I have the same problem with two different external hard drives. It seems to be the way the edited image is being saved by Elements & transferred to the hard drive. I am using Windows 10 by the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be clear, are you adding a hypen between the j and the p in the file extension?  IE: img_8765.j-peg ?   Try renaming it, img_8765.jpg and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not make any difference whatever the file name is. I have tried editing a good file on the hard drive itself & it then becomes unsupported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if in photoshop elements you use File>Save for Web instead of File>Save As?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I could not find "Save for web" but saved as "Standard" instead of "Progressive" which was the default setting & that has solved the problem. Thanks for all the replies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines