Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

update conflict

Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bought Elements 2020 DVD. Installed on Windows 10

. Disabled security. Still getting "update conflict"...???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved your post from the Get Started forum to the PS Elements forum. You are asking about PS Elements, right?

Where and how are you getting the Update conflict. Your post leaves a lot to the imagination.

Can you be more specific about the error and how, when, where, you are getting it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings ~
Attempting, for the first time, to use the Elements 2020 software I purchased on DVD, I was immediately informed of available updates.  I turned off all other apps and my firewall & virus protection, but when I click on 'install now' I get error code 131.  I have tried several times, rebooting my PC in between.  Running Windows 10.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I don't know what to tell you. As far as I can see there is no Adobe error 131. there is 130 and 132 but no 131.

There is an error 131 but as far as I can tell it has nothing to do with Adobe software.

http://www.wiki-errors.com/err.php?wiki=131

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beware advice from adobedesk@outlook.com. He lied about authenticity of the Photoshop Elements 2020 disc I bought through Amazon, then told me to return it and HE would sell me a download and install it for me...after I provide all kinds of info and agree to a manually submitted invoice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry this happened to you. This is a FAILING on Adobe part for not restricting username that have Adobe in it.

Hopefully you did not fall for this scam. That user is NOT part of Adobe.

Can you provide the actual Adobe Forum Username that person used? It will help to stop this type of thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that I am reviewing communications, he did not actually reply via the forum...but directly via email. He must troll the forum for unsuspecting victims.  Thing is...I realized that part of having him install for me would require disabling firewall and virus protection.  What a great opportunity for a hacker!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That, replying to you directly by email, is IMHO impossible. Your email address is never shown, anywhere, on these forums.

The only, and I do mean ONLY, people that may have access to an email address for you is the Adobe Staff personnel and only to your Adobe ID email address.

Some please look through all of your Private messages, Inbox, for the initial contact from this person.

But did you ever included your complete email address as your Adobe forum User name?

I see that you did at one time have your complete email address as your forum username. I reviewed the posts for User Needs a Name Change thread (restricted) and your name is in there.

So that is how the scammer got your email address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your diligence.  

And, BTW, I got my update issue resolved once I found an actual help-line phone number for Adobe.  Thanks for your interest on that front, as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What was the solution to your problem. Knowing that will help others in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually...I returned the disc and bought a download directly from Adobe.com (on sale $28 cheaper).  Worked immediately.  Probably not much help for others

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for that update.

So the download included the newest version, the update? Or you didn't have any problem getting the update once you installed the Downloaded version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To help with your update problem, try double-clicking the Adobe Update Helper.exe file in the following folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Desktop Common\HDBox

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines