Update Elements 2020

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
Hope someone have a solutions.
My computer, a Dell XPS8930 with Windows 10 Home had the motherboard replaced a few weeks ago.
I did a clean factory settings afterwards, reinstalling all patches and software, including Adobe's
And my problems began.
Installing both Photoshop Elements 2020 and Premiere Elements 2020 was fine, but updating is problematic.
Both programs stalls at around 7% and ErrorCode 117 is displayed.
I have spent many hours chatting with support, but no solutions.
Removed programs, reinstalled in normal and safe mode.
Disable virus and firewall.
Contacted my provider for any network problems their end.
Search through the Forum and tried several ideas.
But still am stuck being unable to update.
Any help or solutions would be greatful appreciated.

Yes if the applicatoon is working; then just continue. The last update was mainly for the benefit of those using Mac OS and there was no change to the Organizer.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Update Elements 2020

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
Hope someone have a solutions.
My computer, a Dell XPS8930 with Windows 10 Home had the motherboard replaced a few weeks ago.
I did a clean factory settings afterwards, reinstalling all patches and software, including Adobe's
And my problems began.
Installing both Photoshop Elements 2020 and Premiere Elements 2020 was fine, but updating is problematic.
Both programs stalls at around 7% and ErrorCode 117 is displayed.
I have spent many hours chatting with support, but no solutions.
Removed programs, reinstalled in normal and safe mode.
Disable virus and firewall.
Contacted my provider for any network problems their end.
Search through the Forum and tried several ideas.
But still am stuck being unable to update.
Any help or solutions would be greatful appreciated.

Yes if the applicatoon is working; then just continue. The last update was mainly for the benefit of those using Mac OS and there was no change to the Organizer.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 19, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2020-04-20_034025.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 20, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't mention how your computer is connected to your router.  Lot's of routers have firewalls built in.  ALSO: it's easy to overlook the micsoft built in firewall stuff-- I've done it in he past. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your responses, but have tried those options as well.

I had no problems installing and updating Elements/Premiere until new motherboard was installed and a factory resetting of hard drive.

Tech support suggested I instal from my account, but installation stalls at 27% and same 117 error comes up.

I can install from a complete downloaded *.zip file, but as mentioned not able to update.

Would have thought tech support had a solution, but seems to me they are doing a "try this or try that".

Very frustrating.....

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 20, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using an Admin command prompt. See my YouTube video.

https://youtu.be/4M0x_0TxOKA

On Windows, run the update for PSE 2020 as an Administrator using command prompt.cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Desktop Common\HDBoxSet-u...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.

I followed your instructions to the letter, but a window telling me:

"Specified product is not installed on this machine. Please quit the installer and start over."

Don't really understand this, as I do have Photoshop 2020 Version (18.0 20190827.m.136736) installed.

Any thoughts ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 21, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you install, e.g. from disk or from a back-up copy? If so, I suggest you download from the official link and then try the update.

You may first want to un-install and then run the Adobe CC Cleaner tool, by selecting Photoshop Elements from the list. That should deal with any left behind components.

Adobe CC Cleaner:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

PSE 2020 Download:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/photoshop-elements-downloads.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 22, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having tried to download from my account using the small downloader file - guess that is what is called the official link, but it stalls at 27%.

Then downloaded a 3,4gb zip file, extracted and installed without problems, but stalls at 7% when updating.

Yesterday I formatted my hard drive and once again did a factory reset and before any programs or windows patches, installed Elements 2020 from the above 3,4gb file and then unsuccessfully went through 7% updates before stalling and then ErrorCode 117 is displayed.

I cannot understand as to why it does so - I have had no problems with installation or updates of same program on my laptop.

Interestingly, I installed Adobe Bridge this afternoon - slow, but it did fine.

As mentioned before, frustrating and wondering if I should continue without updating and wait for Elements 2021 - might be solving the problem, who nows.

Thanks again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 22, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 22, 2020 0