• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update to PSE 18.1 does not work

Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have PSE 2020 (18.0) but it has many bugs in face recognistion. I have read that a newer version (18.1) is available. But the Updates link under Help is greyed out, so I can not get the newest version. Please help.

Best regards

Finn

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS are you using?

If the Update link is greyed out, you already have the latest version.  So what are the many bugs you are having with face recognition? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Win 10 update 2004 update 2020-07. 

I still not understand, that I have version 18.0 and update to version 18.1 is greyed out.

The bugs in Face Regocnition caused win 10 crashes 3 times until I saw in the comunity, that this was a general face recognition issue. I have stopped face recognistion untill I am convinced, that my PSE i bug free.

Help>System info:

Elements Organizer 18.0.0.0
Core Version: 18.0 (20200105.m.139301)
Language Version: 18.0 (20200105.m.139301)

Current Catalog:
Catalog Name: fh_catalog_2020
Catalog Location: C:\Users\finnh\Pictures\fh_catalog_2020\
Catalog Size: 303,6MB
Catalog Cache Size: 2,5GB

System:
Operating System Name: Windows 10
Operating System Version: 10.0
System Architecture: Intel CPU Family:6 Model:14 Stepping:10 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2
Built-in Memory: 7,9GB
Free Memory: 3,2GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is not a version 18.1. There is a Photoshop Elements 2020.1 update. Here's what's fixed.

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Finn

Your software is fully up to date. There have been no further releases since v.20200105.m.139301

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then why does the link you provid show 20200120.m.139570 ??

I have the same issue where the Update button under Help is greyed out.

I am a little disappointed that my version of Elements (2020) is not even a year old yet and Adobe wants me to buy Elements 2021 and won't allow me to at least update my current version with any fixes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Paul5C71 :  What problems are you having that you think should be fixed?  Traditionally, the only updates to an Elements version are for updates to the ACR plug-in.  (Occassionally, there have been bug fixes that affect a large number of users, often because of OS updates.)  This is because new cameras come out constantly and require updates to ACR for files to be recognized.  If this is all you are interested in, then there is a workaround that allows you to update the plug-in to the latest version available in the Photoshop CC program.  See my post here for more details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines