• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updating Camnera Raw 12 and PS Elements 2020

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i launch my Eloements 2020 and go into Organizer to startr doing some work I get a notice to update both PS Elements 2020 and Camera Raw 12.  When I click on Update now I get a box telling me that I need a new app to open this auphd link.  Go to MS Store or the other option is Always use this app.  I click on always use this app but then cannot click OK

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS are you using?  Please give us a screenshot of the message you are receiving.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

74F2A8CC-F38D-439B-9325-4273D4629DBF.jpeg

This is the message I get. I have a PC with Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I check use this app I can't check ok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Please navigate to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Desktop Common\HDBox" and double-click on the Adobe Update Helper.exe to initialize the installation process.

Feel free to respond on this thread if you have any further queries, I shall be glad to assist you!

Regards,

Medha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Medha,

I have the same issue and your described workflow unfortunately does not change anything.

Any idea? Thanks!

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mark,

Could you please let me know what happens when you double-click on the executable file?

Regards,

Medha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go through the sequence that you have put up Medha, I get to the end but there is no HDBox.  It comes uyp as IPC Box instead and there is no Adobe update helper.exe in that site.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

This issue sometimes crops up due to permission errors. To remedy this, please navigate to https://www.adobe.com/us/products/photoshop-elements/download-trial/try.html and download the executable file. Ensure that you've selected the appropriate version in the dropdown before clicking the Download Now button.

Once the executable file is downloaded, please double-click it to launch the installer. After the installation is completed, try to install the updates.

Hope this helps! If you have any more queries, feel free to respond on this thread.

Regards,

Medha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked!!  Thank You Medha!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to hear that the issue has been resolved. Hope you have a great time exploring Elements 2020!

Regards,

Medha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Medha,

I have a Win 10 machine and am running Elements 2021. When I close it out, program says it cannot update, file empty. I also have no HDBox as above. Before I down load the executable I just want to be sure that my catalog and plugins will be reloaded. If you would let me know I would appreciate it.

Thanks, Alfred

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a file Adobe Desktop Common\HDBox, so what do I do now?  Can't you guys just develop an app to open the auphd file?  Wouldn't that be much easier than all of this other garbage?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you had to face. Could you please try downloading the executable file from here Download Adobe Photoshop Elements | 2021, 2020?

Once the executable file is downloaded, please double-click it to launch the installer. After the installation is completed, try to install the updates.

Please let me know if you have any further queries, I shall be glad to assist you.

Regards,

Medha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merci Mehda ! Maintenant tout fonctionne correctement. C'est parfait ! Bonne soirée et meilleures salutations. Marc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue but in my files, there is no Adobe Desktop Common file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seigl, check your version again.  Clicking Update Helper sometimes resolves the problem quietly in the background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Phinny, hi Medha,

thanks for comments.

@Phinny:  checked version and was still the old one (20190827.m.136736), no changes or activities in the background by Udate Helper.

The work sequenz with repair installation of trial version mentioned by Medha changed my version to the current one (20200120.m.139570) but now PSE2020 tells me with every start that there is an update available. Confirming installation brings again the windows app request as Cash_Angel has mentioned and then Microsoft Store won't find "auphd".

@Mehda:  Double-Click on executable file of "Adobe Update Helper.exe" does not do anything, even when I try right-click and "Run as Adminsitrator".

Frankly spoken, it looks like a real software issue and Adobe has not finished their homework yet. 🙂

Thank you all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Siegl,

Please try the following steps:

1. Open Command Prompt in Administrator Mode
  2. Type/paste the following command in the command prompt: cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Desktop Common\HDBox
  3. Press enter
  4. Type/paste the following command in the command prompt:  Set-up.exe --update=1 --sapCode="PSE" --productPlatform="win64" --codexVersion="18.1"
  5. Press enter

Let us know how it goes for you.

Regards,

Medha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked!  Thanks for support, Medha!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to hear that the issue has been resolved. Hope you have a great time exploring Elements 2020.

Regards,

Medha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines