• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updating elements 15 to elements 2020.

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where can I purchase an update to Elements 2020 for my Elements 2015? I do not wish to buy a complete  version of Elements 2020 - just the update. Many thanks for all your help. PETER FREDERICK 

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazon: Full 2020 installer DVD for PC/Mac currently sale priced at $59.  I don't see it available strictly as an update.  Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no update. Each version of the software is independent. Any reference to "update" is related to marketing the product.

Your existing version PSE 15 can not be overwritten to reflect the changes that have been made.

Suggest that you download the free 30-day trial of PSEv.20 and try it out. You can evaluate it to ascertain if you wish to purchase, 

Do not uninstall PSE v.15.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are update versions available, but usually it's cheaper to just buy the normal version. I paid  only 50 € for full PSE 20.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"There is no update. Each version of the software is independent. Any reference to "update" is related to marketing the product."

...or in othe words:

It's like upgrading from a Ford Focus to a Ford Mustang.  You don't change the Focus.  You drive a different car.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OP was interested in Update versions, because he assumed it would be cheaper, which it necessarily is not. Whether the update is of commercial or technical kind is irrelevant - in the end he is using the same software, 2020. Just that it's not patched, but replaced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines