Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updating from PSE 11 to PSE 2021 on Macbook Pro

New Here ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have been using Photoshop Elements 11 on a 2015 Macbook with OS 10 Yosemite (I didn't update the OS system because I was afraid this would slow it down). However I've now finally got an all new Macbook Pro with OS Big Sur.

When I set up the new Mac with Migration Assistant it transferred the PSE 11 to the Applications folder in the new one. However I'm fully aware that I should also update the PSE to PSE 2021 and am quite happy to do this.

My question is, what is the best way to do this? Should I delete the PSE 11, and do a clean install of PSE 2021? Or can I upgrade from within PSE 11? If I do a complete clean install, how do I guarantee that all my catalog etc will transfer into the new program?

Many thanks for any orientation,

Best

Nick Rider

TOPICS
Download and install , How to , Import and export , Mac , Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nick, 

Thanks for getting in touch.

We'd recommend that you install Photoshop Elements 2021 on your MacBook Pro and then restore the older catalog from Photoshop Elements 11.

To do so, please take a backup of your Photoshop Elements 11 catalog and then import that backup into Photoshop Elements 2021. The process of backing up and restoring the catalog is explained in detail in this article https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/backup-restore-move-catalog-photoshop.html 

ccx.png

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Akash,

Some months ago you kindly replied to a query I had about how to upgrade to a current PSE model on a Macbook Pro.

For various reasons I didn't have time to do and have only just got round to it, and have upgraded to PSE 22 not 21! This all seems to have gone OK, and the catalog from my old PSE 13 seemed to install itself more or less automatically, with a few reconnects, without needing to follow every action explained in the link above.

My remaining question is, which I've just posted separately as well – at one point is it OK to delete and remove the old PSE 13? Is it advisable to keep it until I've used the PSE 2022 a few times?

Thanks for any orientation.

Best

Nick Rider

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines