Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrade from PSE 2018 to 2020

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2019 Oct 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I've purchased the 64-bit Windows 10 upgrade version of PSE 2020 to upgrade from 2018.  However, when running the installer, and logging in, I eventually get error code 215 which is not listed on the help pages.  After doing a bit of searching I've tried disabling the firewall, restarting the Credential Manager and running the installer from my desktop - all of which have been suggested elsewhere - but to no avail.  There is no log file for 2020 in Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers either - only an old one one for 2018.  Any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Hello,

Can you please try downloading the application from here? Let me know if this works for you.

Thanks,

Medha

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PSE 2020 installs in Program Files not the x 86 location which is for 32 bit apps.

Try installing again as a free trial using the light weight installer package. If successful you can activate with your product serial number commencing 1057 (all numbers, no letters)

See my blog for download link.

https://99jon.blogspot.com/2019/10/how-to-install-photoshop-elements-2020.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 99jon and thanks for your reply.

I'm assuming its the lightweight installer package that I've already downloaded and tried running - it's the same filename as shown on your blog page.

I've gone to the free trial page as suggested, selected 'Download Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020' from the drop-down, ticked the 'I own a previous version' and 'Please don't contact me' check boxes then clicked Download Now - but nothing happens.  I've also disabled firewalls etc. just in case that was the issue but again nothing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where you see Download Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020 you need to click the pull down menu and select a version from the list otherwise download won’t start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Can you please try downloading the application from here? Let me know if this works for you.

Thanks,

Medha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Medha.

Yes that has now worked.  Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Happy to help! Hope you have a great time exploring Elements 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines