• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrade old photoshop elements 11 or buy new ap?

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not used photoshop elements 11 for a long long time.   I now have a Mac with OS Catalina.  Is there a way to upgrade or do I need to purchase a new ap?   I use the ap occasionally to right size my art for entries to art exhibits or shows a few times per year.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Robin

TOPICS
Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The current version is 2121, and I don't know if your version is within the range for upgrade. This link gives both choices. If you can't, then it won't let you, I suppose.

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

Since your question is about Photoshop Elements, I have moved this from the Photoshop forum where you posted to PSE.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you are eligible for an upgrade to Elements 2021.  However, each version of the program is independent.  Being the owner of a prior version allows you to buy from Adobe at a discounted price.  (But, at this time of year, you should shop around.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg, do you know if I can download the upgrade and just give my serial number for elements 8 without it running on my Mac? For some reason after a Mac update it won't load. Don't want to pay for the 2021 if Elements 8 needs to be running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

According to this post, all you need do is enter the old serial number.  You don't have to have the prior version installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines