Upgraded to PSE 2021 from v10 and it won't open photos in Editor

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded from pse 10 to 2021. It brought all my photoes into Organizer but none will open in Editor. It seems to still be running in the background "analyzing faces".  The error in Editor is "Could not complete your request because of a disk error."

All photos can still be opened and edited by PSE v10.

I have a 2019 Mac running Mojave v 10.14.6

I'm afraid to uninstall v10 until 2021 runs. I use an external drive for Time Machine.

Suggestions?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

1 Correct Answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 15, 2020
NidhiSachdeva Adobe Employee , Nov 15, 2020
Hi   Can you please try to Reset Preferences. Follow these steps: Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor -> Preferences > On general tab, click "Reset Preferences on Next Launch" > Click Ok and Releaunch the application.   Hope it works for you. Let us know how it goes.   Regards, Nidhi

Translate

Translate
Jump to answer Jump to answer
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know nothing about Macs, but there are many posts suggesting that Elements won't work well with Time Machine.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
DB7BJ8 AUTHOR
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but it won’t even open new photos I have on my desktop.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you try to open a photo directlt into Editor using the option File -> Open.

Have you tried keeping your photos into the Pictures Location for Mac?

Regards

Vipin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
DB7BJ8 AUTHOR
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. My photos are in the file Pictures on my Mac.
I can open and edit all photos within “photos”

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
DB7BJ8 AUTHOR
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File open gives save problem

Yes, I have photos in /Pictures and in "Photos". same problem. v10 opens, v2021 won't.

I've closed and rebooted. Same.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Can you please try to Reset Preferences. Follow these steps:

Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor -> Preferences > On general tab, click "Reset Preferences on Next Launch" > Click Ok and Releaunch the application.

Hope it works for you. Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nidhi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
DB7BJ8 AUTHOR
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked! Thanks!

But when I went to open a pic from Organizer it said something about new photos in Watched Folders. I could not cancel or import or close the program. I had to force close.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
DB7BJ8 AUTHOR
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked in that I could open a jped directly from my files but after trying to use Editor to open anything it stopped again. Same error. I also had to reset preferences after a recent reboot. Suggestions please!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me too. I am using PSE 2021. Never had this with PSE2018

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines