• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrading Elements: Can I use the old version (11) on another computer and just load 2020?

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used Elements 11 for years. I would like to be able to use the version I purchased on another maching (still have disks and serial #). Just gifted the 2020 Elements and want to put on my main computer.  

Question is: If I install 2020, what happens to the version 11? 

Do I need to deactivate or delete to be able to use it on another computer?

Can you load version 11 on another computer if it isn't fully deleted from 1st computer.  

Thanks for your help!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are allowed two activations of installations of Photoshop Elements.  In order to use on a third computer, just deactivate (no need to uninstall) on one of the other computers.

You can have many versions of Photoshop Elements installed on a computer, as they are independent programs, each with their own organizers.  There is no need to uninstall old versions unless you wish to do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I install 2020, what happens to the version 11?

v11 and v2020 will co-exist on the same computer with no problems.

Do I need to deactivate or delete to be able to use it on another computer?

Depends.  You can activate v11 on maximum of two computers at a time.  Same with v2020

Can you load version 11 on another computer if it isn't fully deleted from 1st computer.

Yes, that's not a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines