Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrading from Photoshop Elements 14 to PE 2020

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have used Photoshop elements 14 since  about 2016, and  have been satisfied. But I am thinking seriously of upgrading to Photoshop elements 2020 soon.  There is one feature that did not work at all in PE14 and that is stitching multiple photos into a single panorama image. Even though all the books say it will do it, PE14 doesn't allow you to select two images at the same time (which I confirmed with others on site).  So, my question concerning PE2020 is:  does 2020 have the panorama or photo merge function, and more importantly DOES IT WORK?  Can anyone confirm for certain that it works - after having used that function on a PC?   If 2020 doesn't have this option, then I may as well stick with 14.

Thanks,

Mary

TOPICS
Feature request , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suggest that you avail yourself of the free 30-day trial of the software and evaluate it for your purpose.

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements/download-trial/try.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The photomerge panorama had bugs in PSE14.

However, I have always been able to work with it.

PE14 doesn't allow you to select two images at the same time (which I confirmed with others on site).

????

Never seen anything of the kind!

The panorama bugs have been solved in more recent versions, but you should try to use the organizer to select your files for the panorama (menu Edit >> photomerge). The issue with vertical (portrait  mode) pictures still needs re-saving the files.

So, you should follow hatstead's suggestion and try the current version.

By the way, if you are happy, wait for the next PSE version expected beginning of October.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to you both for your answer.  Yes, I have been happy with 14 except for the photomerge. Michel, I did do what you said, and it didn't work. And I did find at least several others within the forum who have had the same trouble with 14.  Thanks for the info that the next version is coming in October.  I may wait until then and do a free 30-day trial of the newest version, as suggested by hatstead.  No reason to try it now if a new version is coming out that soon.  And 30 days will give me enough time to evaluate whether the newest version will do what I need.  

Thanks again!

Mary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome. Glad to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines