• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upload of photos from card reader freezes. Help!

Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Sandisk Extreme Compact Flash Cards. For the past week, when I try to upload photos into the Elements Organizer, the upload freezes. Sometimes it freezes at about photo number 160, sometimes earlier. This has happened with multiple flash cards. I have called Dell tech support twice requesting help for this problem. After I talked to them last week, I was able to upload my photos. But tonight, I tried uploading photos and it slowed down drastically. It slowed down at about 160 photos again, and then slowly uploaded photos up to number 301, at which time it froze for good. I called Dell tech support again, and they found that a Windows update had stalled. The tech allowed the update to install, and then restarted my computer. When I tried to upload my photos again, it still froze. The Dell tech thinks I need to reinstall my entire operating system! So my questions are:

Could it be a problem with Elements itself, and if so, should I reinstall it?

Could it be a problem with the card reader? The photos all show up on the download page when I tell Elements to get photos from the card reader.

Dell thinks it probably is my operating system.

I don't know whether to reinstall Elements, buy a new card reader to see if that works, have the operating system reinstalled (which would wipe everything off my computer), or give up and buy a new computer. Help-I need advice quickly!!!

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Import and export , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to  add some additional information. I just tried to do a catalog backup, and the backup froze at 52%. So now I think it is a problem with Elements. Would it make sense to get a newer version of Elements (I am using Elements 18)? Do you think that might solve the problems I'm having, or does it still sound like there is something wrong with the computer? I just don't know what to do!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Darlene Fr

Please continue this conversation on your other post. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michel, I don't know what you mean by continuing on my other post. I added information to my first post already. Please give me an answer as soon as possible. I need to know if I should purchase Elements 2021 and install it to see if that takes care of the problems I'm having, or whether this is more likely a problem with my computer, in which case I will have to buy a whole new computer (this computer is only 2 years old). I have photos on that card that I HAVE to get on my computer as soon as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Darlene Fr, Michel is refering to your other discussion thread.  I am locking this thread and the discussion can be continued in your other thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines