• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Elements 2018 and Lightroom 5 with Windows 10

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are PS Elements 2018 and Lightroom 5 compatible on computers running Windows 10?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both PSE2018 and LR5 work well with Windows 10.

Are you already using them together with an older Win version?

If so, how do you use them for organization and edition?  If not yet, how would you use them together? Organization (catalogs), edition, raw conversion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, MichelBParis, for your response.  To answer your questions....Yes, I currently use both programs together on my desktop for editing my photos.  My computer system is Windows 7 which obviously has lost support so I need to update to Windows 10, but have been dreading the switch due to the numerous horror stories from lots of others that have upgraded and developed major issues.  Will be purchasing a new computer in the near future, but woudl like to know the vital information necessary to make a smooth (is there such a thing?) transition to not only windows 10 but also a computer with larger hard drive and other capabilities to handle the programs I need.  It appears some of the requirements would include a solid state hard drive, Intel 5 processor, and 8-16 gb of ram. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no reason you won't be able to work the same with Win 10 as with Win 7 if you can install them correctly on the new computer. Did you keep the original install disks or installation files on your old computer as well as both license numbers? If not, you may be able to download them from your Adobe account If you bought them directly from Adobe as downloads. That's the main question. If you purchased from another vendor, you might try to ask from Adobe Customer Care..You can recover your license numbers from your account. 

The hardware requirement are not very different. A SSD drive would be good if it's not too small. However 8 GB RAM would be the minimal memory, preferably 16 GB.

Another important question aside from reinstalling both softwares is to recover your media files and your catalogs.

Ask if you want help either for Lightroom or for organizer catalogs. I suppose you do your organization from Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really appreciate your help.  I have my original CD for my lightroom 5; however, the upgrade to Elements 2018 was downloaded from the web via Adobe.  I do have all the numbers but none are listed as a license number.  Yes, I download photos to my external drive via lightroom.  I do still have my original CD for Elements 2012.  Just wondering...would it run ok in Windows 10 also?    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have still the following Elements versions working on this Windows 10 computer: PSE6, 10, 12, 15, 2018, 2019 and 2020. I have even been able to run PSE5 to test catalog conversions. I no longer have LR5 installed, I am on the current Lightroom 'classic'.

The problems you may find are generally related to missing DLLs for Microsoft runtimes. Ask if you get such messages. You should have no issues with reinstalling and activating the softwares. If you don't want to use your old computer, think about 'deactivating/signing out' for PSE and LR to keep two installations available for your new computer.

Let us know how your migration goes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines