• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Premiere Elements 13 with Photoshop Elements 2018 Organizer

Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone. I currently have Photoshop Elements 13 and Premiere Elements 13 installed on a laptop running Windows 10. Both programs work fine. I just downloaded and installed Photoshop Elements 2018 (just PSE, not PE) to trial the new version to see if it is worth the coin for the new features based on what I use it for. I know one of the primary reasons would be to get support for Google Maps again in the Organizer event tagging process, since that is no longer supported in v13.

Installation of Photoshop Elements v2018 went fine, seems to be working well. However, whenever I select a video to "edit in Premiere Elements", a dialogue box pops up asking for me to install Premiere Elements (which it is, only version 13). I'm thinking Organizer 2018 wants me to use the Premiere Elements 2018, and there is no way to tell it to use v13. Yes, I know I could designate it as the alternative editor in Preferences > Editing, but I already have Capture One 10 designated in that slot for photographs.

So am I to assume that Organizer's only invokes the same version of PE and PSE as itself? Maybe this is documented somewhere, but it is not clear to me or any other posts/articles I've been reading. I'm not sure the extra $ for PE, even in the bundle, would be bang for the buck, because PE 13 does everything I need a video editor for. While not a huge showstopper from buying PSE 2018 - I can certainly access the video media directly from PE13 - one of the nice features of Organizer is the seamless integration and I'd hate to lose that.

Thank you for reading.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Yes, using Video Editor icon in Elements Organizer> it will look for PRE installation of same version.

In case you want to try interop workflow between Elements Organizer and Premiere Elements 2018, try installing the trial of PRE2018 from here Download Adobe Premiere Elements 2018, 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10

Thanks,

Anwesha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, using Video Editor icon in Elements Organizer> it will look for PRE installation of same version.

In case you want to try interop workflow between Elements Organizer and Premiere Elements 2018, try installing the trial of PRE2018 from here Download Adobe Premiere Elements 2018, 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10

Thanks,

Anwesha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines