• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vanilla slideshows

New Here ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fancy themes and music have their place but what is needed is the ability to create a straightforward, no frills slideshow, something that can be inserted in a website, or used as a background at, say, a family event. You can eliminate the music by using your own music file - one of complete silence - or, less technical, muting the volume, but I cannot find any means of eliminating the themes. I had versions 15 and have now moved to 19 and the problem remains. If someone knows of a way of doing it then please tell. If not, then can Adobe add a no theme to themes and a no music to music and a means of changing the duration, or even requiring a click for the next picture.

It can be done in Premier as a video but that is more laborious and not ideal. Both Photoshop and Premier elements have some wonderful features and can save a lot of time in processing but there are times when all you want is simple.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suggestion:

Post your request in the feedback forum:

Photoshop Family Customer Community

You won't be read by influent Adobe staff in the current user to user forum. There are a lot of users who share this request and in the feedback forum, they can vote for the request to prioritize it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Classic theme is about as no frills as you can get.  Why doesn't that serve your purpose?  And if you go to the Music tab in the editor and click on the minus sign at the right of the sound track in use, it will be deleted, giving you a silent slideshow. 

Snap10_2019.05.20_10h06m44s_002_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The suggestion on audio was most helpful, thanks, but, sorry, I had already looked at classic and it just isn't what I want. I want a simple Pic 1, Pic 2, Pic 3 - rather like the old slide shows when we had slide projectors, preferably with some control over duration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also show an impromptu slideshow from Organizer on PC or connected TV. Select an album or a batch of thumbnails and press F11. Then click the play button or choose options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that. It isn't what I am looking for, but a useful tip if I need it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reply from 99Jon on May 20, 2019, was correct. I confirmed that simply pressing F11 will produce a simple slide show, without any of the annoying fancy theme transitions. It will even allow you to control the pace manually, rather than letting the slide show run automatically. This is an option that is greatly needed, and users should be made aware of its availability. Music accompanying a slide presentaiton requires an automated presentation to run smoothly. The built-in music can be de-selected, and you can import your preferred music from your computer as a wave (.wav) file. It is a shame that this information is unavailabe except from the Support Community. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Roger,

Thank you for reaching out with your issue. You can additionally remove the slideshow's first slide in the "Media Panel" and remove all audios to get closer to a vanilla experience. You can also user Premiere Elements for the same. In addition, please feel free to post feature requests here :

https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/photoshop-elements/5f5f2093785c1f1e6cc40873

Regards,

Aaron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines