• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vertical lines on imported photograph

New Here ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting very faint lines on photographs. They appear to be related to the photograph content, because in one case there were two lines through two eyes and in this sample, the line is in the middle of the face.  They appear in .psd, .pdf and .jpg. I am using a Mac.

Something like this has been posted before, but I haven't seen a solution.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Is the photo from a scan? It could be that the device used to produce the copy is creating the problem.

Try using the spot healing tool, with a small brush size and set to proximity match.

face showing vertical line 8026.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the photo from a scan? It could be that the device used to produce the copy is creating the problem.

Try using the spot healing tool, with a small brush size and set to proximity match.

face showing vertical line 8026.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a scanned photograph. The lines appeared during editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would be surprised if it were to do with the type tool as text gets added to a blank layer above the background layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Which version of Elements are you using ?
If you are using PSE Elements 2020 .Try to update from Help ->update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using 2020, updated as far as I can (18?).

I reconstructed the file, but the vertical line through the nose appeared again during editing, possibly when I added type. It was more obvious than it is on this page. So, as suggested, I brushed it out. A previous version had two vertical lines. They appear to be related to the face, because these lines went through the eyes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines