Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vicious circle trying to start PE

Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting really tired.

Bought PS Elements. After much hassle managed to download.

Now every time I want to start it I'm asked to verify my identity.

When I do that I'm asked to change my password.

When I click on continue there I can wait for a long time watching a blue circle turn and then I'm bounced back to the beginning. No password message. (I'm logged in anyhow on the website....) Oh, and then it says my computer is wrong and cannot reach the adobe servers. (All while I have the adobe website open....)

What is going wrong here?

TOPICS
Download and install , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

Problem solved.

What I learned:

The download and registration procedure is a sad failure.

Then I accidentally stumbled across a support button.

Customer support (very Indian and very efficient) was friendly, supportive, asked for my code number and made the registration work within 5 minutes. Kudos to them!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry you are having this problem.  It looks like there are some issues going on with Adobe's servers.  I am trying to get some help for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The dialog I got said to go to my email and look for a link to change my password. Have you checked for a similar email?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer.

Yes. As I said, no password message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I tried the system by deliberately "forgetting" my password and requesting a new one. That worked, I got the message, changed the password.

But that didn't help with the original problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS and version of Elements are you using?

Do you have your correct Country/Region set in Edit>Preferences.  If you can't get to the Preferences dialog in the Photoshop Elements Editor, try opening the Preferences in the Organizer.  If you are unable to open the Organizer, you may have to uninstall/reinstall the program because you should be able to set your correct country there.  If you do uninstall, be sure to remove the settings when asked if you want to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying to help!

I'm using Windows 10 and Elements 2020.

Country is set correctly (Germany).

Repeated deinstallations and reinstallations won't help.

What happens every time is that they tell me my password needs to be reset, but then I don't receive the corresponding email.

And the circle can be repeated unending. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem solved.

What I learned:

The download and registration procedure is a sad failure.

Then I accidentally stumbled across a support button.

Customer support (very Indian and very efficient) was friendly, supportive, asked for my code number and made the registration work within 5 minutes. Kudos to them!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, Kudo's when you can't get to Adobe on the weekend for Technical Support with a live person. Some of us are in school all day and cannot play on a computer to fix things during the week. Anyways I will ask someone else to cotnact them for me, hope it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines