• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wacom tablet and PS elements 14 not working correctly

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having serious issues with the tablet in PS elements.  Pen won't select hold etc.  Spoken to WACOM.  They told me to do this:

To confirm the cause of the problem, please open Wacom Desktop Center >Pen and Button Settings >Pen Settings >Mapping tab, uncheck the Windows Ink box and test the function again.

As Adobe Photoshop CC uses Windows Ink to recognise pressure, you need to turn it on again, at least for Photoshop, and turn off just the following Windows Ink features:

1. Open >Control Panel >Pen and Touch
  2. On the Pen Options tab, select >Press and Hold, and uncheck the 'Enable press and hold for right-clicking' box.
  3. Switch to the 'Flicks' tab, and uncheck "Use flicks to perform common actions quickly and easily"
  4. Click OK,  OK

All should now be OK. If not, you can turn off Windows Ink altogether and revert Photoshop to WinTab as described here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/tablet-support-faq-photoshop.html

...except I've put the text file from final part in  C:\Users\James\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\14.0\Editor  as there doesn't seem to be a settings folder.

None of this works.

Is elements 14 now obsolete? Is there the same issue with later versions? Can anyone help me please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2018 Mar 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working on this problem as well for about a week. I have a Wacom Intuos 3 running on Windows 10 with PSE 14.

I'm not sure if my problem is different or not but from the limited information available out there I'd guess there's some kind of issue with the way Windows 10 interacts with Photoshop.

For me, I am able to use Paint Tool SAI with appropriate pen pressure (the buttons are super small on my 4k monitor and it has other mapping glitches, otherwise I would give up on PS and just use that instead). But for PSE 14 I have to hold the right click button in order to draw with pen pressure, or else turn off Use Windows Ink and have no pen pressure at all.

I have even gone through the steps on this page under the regedit section to try to turn off right click press and hold, but they were already disabled.

Many people have made reference to the solution in js80520066​'s post (this one), but this isn't a fix for all Adobe Photoshop products. I also have PSE 14 and this folder does not exist.

Adobe, can you please provide the file location of where to put PSUserConfig.txt?

I'm worried that PSE might not be configurable in the same way and that's why a solution hasn't been posted for any other kind of Photoshop product yet...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2019 Jun 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Run Command Prompt as Administrator and execute this without the quotes.
In Wacom settings select the Use Ink checkbox.

"reg add HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Pen /v LegacyPenInteractionModel /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is exaclty what I've been looking for! I've had major issues with my Intuos3 on PSE 17 (Win 10) but this solved it! Thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Worked for me too using Element 2018 and Wacom Intuos CTL-490

Thanks.

Graham

Let's hope it stays fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines