• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Watch Folder on network drive (NAS)

Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm setting up Organizer 2020 to Watch certain folders. I can select folders on my local drive to watch, but I also have many family photos on my NAS. Is it possible to Watch a network folder? And if so, what are the requirements the NAS needs to conform to in order to be Watched?

The NAS is visible and accessible from the Windows Explorer Network node, with all its shared folders. When I try to add it to the Watched folders in Organizer, the entire NAS is not available under Network. 

TOPICS
How to , Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, it's impossible to implement watched folders on a NAS.

Edit,

It's an old question. Try this:

http://www.johnrellis.com/psedbtool/photoshop-elements-faq.htm#_Watching_Network_Folders

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, in PSE 2020, when adding a Watched folder, there's no field for entering a UNC path. I can only select from the Windows folder tree. So entering the UNC path to my NAS isn't possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if this will work (or if you have tried it already) but try mapping the network drive to a drive letter. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the NAS is fully mapped to drive letters, and it doesn't make a difference, unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved! Watched folders are definitely supported, but my NAS wasn't configured to support network discovery. Switching that on (it's called WS-Discovery in my Synology NAS configuration) made the NAS show up in Network, and enabled me to choose a NAS folder to watch. It was indeed added by UNC path that way. Mapped drive letters are not supported; the Watch Folder dialog does nothing at all when I select one of those. But through Network, I can access and Watch all the NAS folders now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for following up on your question. Not many folks do that! It's great to know that you solved the problem and how you did it!

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines