• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Watch Folders

Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2019 Sep 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Elements 2019. I have seveeral external and two internal drives on my desktop computer, but one external drive is only used for my photos. I have set the root folder on this drive as my watch folder to capture any additions or deletions in my photo collection. I have noticed that Elements organizer continues to notify me of photos from other various folders and drives on my computer to include my wife's drop box files associated with an organizatio she belongs to.  

My question is how do I get Organizer from "watching" other drives than what I have set up in the watch folder option?  It is very annoying and I do not want the extreaneous files and folders connected to my photo catalogue.

TOPICS
Import and export , Organizer , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to the Import>In Bulk . . . dialog, what do you see.  (1) Are any unwanted watched folders listed, and if so, are their boxes checked?  (2)  Even if the boxes are unchecked, are any of the binocular icons toggled on (yellow).  If any of these conditions exist, try unchecking the boxes and toggling the binocular icon off.

Snap10_2019.09.14_10h22m33s_004_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the input. I do have two folders in "Import bulk". One is called "pictures" and the other is my watch folder. When I open the import bulk menu, both folders are checked again even though I have unchecked them. I have removed them both and once again, they are both there and check when I open the menu and Organizer begins a scan for photos. How can I remove this option or at least remove the folders?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Could you please share the screenshots for your Import in Bulk dialog and your Watch Folder dialog?

Regards,

Aaron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines