Highlighted

Watercolor Artist Action Set from Adobe Create Magazine

Engaged ,
Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will the Watercolor Artist Action Set from Adobe Create Magazine work in PSE 2020?

Walter in Davie, FL
TOPICS
Actions, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Watercolor Artist Action Set from Adobe Create Magazine

Engaged ,
Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will the Watercolor Artist Action Set from Adobe Create Magazine work in PSE 2020?

Walter in Davie, FL
TOPICS
Actions, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 25, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sort of works.  There are a few commands in the Action that are not available in Elements 2020 and you have to click through them many times to continue with the action.  I didn't fully read the instructions for the Action before trying it and it took me a few attempts to get it going.  Also, be aware that the action takes several minutes to complete.    Here is a screenshot showing the result within the original image.  Had I read the instructions properly, I may have ended up with something better.

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.02.25_13h12m00s_001_.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 25, 2020 0
Enthusiast ,
Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's always been my understanding that "some" Ps actions (created in Photoshop) can be imported and used in PSE.  Other Ps actions simply won't work.  You probably knew that much.  After giving your link a look over (and the video) I'm inclined to think those actions might be a little above PSE's paygrade but who knows.  Pretty cool if it could be used.

https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/photoshop-elements/using/using-actions-process-photos.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 25, 2020 0
Engaged ,
Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may give it a try! Greg, Phinny, thanks for your feedback. Do you have any info or advice on install differences between PS & PSE? I don't want to muck up my smoothly running PSE 2020.

Walter in Davie, FL

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 25, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried it in PS Big Brother and ran into the same problems as I had with PSE.  So, I think it's a problem with the Action itself.  Or maybe I should RTFM.   😁

Running the same photo in PS CC:

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.02.25_15h44m05s_002_.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 25, 2020 0
Enthusiast ,
Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I could offer some useful advice, wchettel.  There was some chit chat in the comments section about problems even some Photoshop users were having but no mention of PSE.  Darn it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 25, 2020 0