• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What did I do to make the change from image A to image B?

Participant ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Photoshop Elements 2019 on Windows 10 Pro. I made this change yesterday with one click. (I did not do several different things.) Today I wanted to replicate it and I couldn't figure out what I'd done. I searched the "history" and it didn't reveal what I'd done. Is there some way to find out what I did? (I still have the original .psd file.) And if not, can somebody maybe recognize how the change was made? Thanks.

Image A

exampleA.jpg

Image B

ExampleB.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

It looks like you may have opened the image in “Guided” and used B&W Selection clicking on the child with the B&W selection brush.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you may have opened the image in “Guided” and used B&W Selection clicking on the child with the B&W selection brush.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much, Jon. Your way gets it very close (and is very easy). But whatever I did also lightened the color of the sand below the boy's feet and also darkened and sharpened the blue water. But now, I can do those things on my own to achieve the same effect, so I'm good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another way is to select the boy using the various selection tools and make a Hue/Saturation adjustment, moving the saturation slider all the way to the left. I recommend that you use a Hue/Saturation adjustment layer. Then you can paint on the mask with white if your original selection missed some of the boy, or paint with black if your selection had portions outside the boy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot, Mark. I can see that just by playing with the sliders in the hue/saturation adjustment, I can achieve very similar, and interesting, looks. Appreciate you responding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines