• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What does "Adjust Fix Amount" mean?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under Enhance>Adjust Smart Fix, there is one adjustment labeled Fix Amount.  I click on 'learn more about adjust smart fix, and there are zero words about what adjusting Fix Amount means.

I am trying to do this:  About 80% of the time when Smart Fix adjusts to increase brightness, I need to go back in an reduce the amount 5-10%.  I wanted to adjust smart fix so that, when it added brightness, it would add a little less than its default.

So not only was I unable to actually adjust smart fix, I'm left with an additional question related to what fix amount does.  I was expecting at least two sliders, color and brightness, which would globally (e.g., a program preference) re-adjust to my personal preferences of "not quite as bright as your default, please."

[Unnecessary extra words] This is because, when viewed on my 27" Imac, the image is a little less bright than the settings on my 65" Samsung TV, which is my primary picture viewer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure that I am answering your question, but there are a number of controls in the Enhance menu.  The Auto Smart Fix provides a single one-click adjustment to your image.  The Adjust Smart Fix command allows you to click the Auto button to get the same adjustment as the Auto Smart Fix selection.  But it also gives you more control if you are not happy with Auto, by moving the slider on a 1 to 100 scale.

If this is not providing you with the results you desire, I suggest using a different control such as Enhance>Adjust Lighting>Brightness and Contrast.

You haven't told us which version of Elements you are using.  Elements 2019 has an excellent batch editing "Instant Fix" tool in the Organizer.  In other words, you can select a number of images in the Organizer and use the Instant Fix tool to add an equivalent to the Auto Smart Fix tool as well as make more refined adjustments to color, lighting, and clarity, which are applied to all of your selected images.  I highly recommend it for quick editing fixes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I think I have a different definition of 'adjust' than does Adobe, but thank you for the reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines